Monday, July 2, 2012

So THIS is the Interwebs.

I traditionally subscribed to the attitude or practice of being comfortably behind the curve in adopting new technology.  A curious stance for an IT professional I know, but there you have it.  I think it mainly had to do with my general disdain for jumping on that good old bandwagon, as well as my general opinion that things very rarely live up to the hype that we as social creatures tend to assign to them.

However, over the past few years I've worked to reverse that trend.  I tend to be very cautious when commenting on most anything.  I like to understand a topic, whether for or against, before I'm comfortable commenting on it in front of others.  This has lead me to honestly looking into all sorts of different aspects of technology and social media to determine which I think hold actual benefit and value to me.

And so I finally stumble across Blogger, long after everyone else, like the nerdy kid making a late and ackward entrance into the party he wasn't invited to in the first place.

I'll be working on the template for this over the coming weeks and months to settle into something succinct, functional, and hopefully cool looking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment